[BC] The economy and used gear

Jerry Mathis thebeaver32 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 21:15:16 CDT 2009

Those "old days" I really don't miss. Most of those items you mention were
either high maintenance items or really bad quality. The BE Mono board was
VERY RF-prone--almost impossible to get it "clean" in an RF environment.
Cart machines--enough said. Russco turntables needed the idler pucks, motor
shaft and turntable rim cleaned frequently to keep the speed constant, not
to mention the occasional new idler required. And not to mention the styli
which needed changing almost weekly.

--
Jerry Mathis