[BC] STL Option

Mark Croom croom.mark at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 15:57:03 CDT 2009

I'm having pretty good connection results with my Tranzeo FDD series radios
over a 17 mile path, but I am *not* running full-time audio on them.

However over a three-block range, with clear line of sight, they might be a
really good choice for your 802.11 link (802.11a preferred as Mike M
suggests). These are unlicensed WiFi units so band congestion would be an
issue if you're in a "busy" location.

I'm pretty impressed with what I'm getting out of my system and I *know*
I've got one dish that needs to be tweaked. We sighted it using landmarks
because the other end wasn't up yet and it's got worse signal strength at
one end than the other, but it works nonetheless.

I don't know whether that approach would be Wheatstone approved for their
system but something on that order might be the real ticket.

Mark
MN