[BC] Silly engineer tricks

RichardBJohnson at comcast.net RichardBJohnson at comcast.net
Thu Jul 16 11:07:35 CDT 2009

The Heathkit audio generators were very stable. Furthermore, I'm sure that the radios of those days didn't require accuracy in a pilot tone. The stereo lamp would probably light even if the pilot was 100 Hz off. Remember that the idea make it seem that the station was transmitting stereo, i.e., illuminate that #47 pilot light (no LEDs in those days).

Cheers,
Richard B. Johnson
Book: http://www.AbominableFirebug.com/