[BC] Coil on Oat Meal Box...

Gary Zocolo garyz347 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 18:18:38 CDT 2009

I once had the task of moving a 20V2 from the upper band to the lower band
for testing. The coil in the output was not big enough to give me enough
inductance in the low band, so I defeated the interlocks, mounted a 4 inch
piece of PVC on the back of the coil in the same plane, which is located at
the top of the transmitter....it stuck out the back of the transmitter. I
wound about 30 more turns with motor winding wire extending the coil and
away we went. It tuned fine. It was assigned the call of KPI 203 and was on
all summer for ground conductivity tests at 1 KW. Silent carrier except for
once an hour ID....which I did with an auto-rewind machine and a C-120
cassette. I traveled many dirt roads that summer listening to the mighty KPI
203. The project ultimately never panned out.

Gary Zocolo
Cleveland