[BC] Transistor Radio Blues

Stanley Adams stanleybadams at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 15 09:07:50 CDT 2009

	OK guys, I got a question going a while back about the first record
you ever bought, at least I think did on this discussion group.
	Now for all you night rangers of the AM radio dials, I was
officially in the night rangers.  Let's get a list of stations going that we
liked to listen to at night.  Being from Cincy in the late 50's and early to
mid 60's, I listened to WLS and WABC and many times I would get up early to
listen to Flatt and Scruggs on the Martha White Flour morning show for 15
min live bluegrass at 5:45 am on WSM out of Nashville.  And 740 out of
Toronto,

	On a few very cold mornings, I would get a Japanese station with the
Japanese music and announcer.

	Man the bands were wide open in the cold winter, very few Mexican
stations then it was hot love.

Stan