[BC] Acer con't

Lotus Engineering loteng at lvradio.com
Tue Jul 14 11:12:05 CDT 2009

	The USB to RS232 adapters vary.  I have three and two of them don't do certain tasks.  One application I have, the programming of E.F. Johnson radios with the factory program for CAP, can't be done at all with a USB to RS232 adapter.   I have the same problem with programming my Icom IC208H with the RT software.  Since the USB protocol isn't completely compatible with the RS232 the radios never get the "start now" command.  True serial connection, program takes a few seconds.  With a USB to serial adapter, it doesn't work at all.  Last weekend we tried all three of my adapters with the Johnson program on three different machines, all without RS232.  None worked.  Plugged it into a conventional RS232 port,  Bingo it was done.
Bill

Bill Croghan CPBE WBØKSW
Chief Engineer,
KOMP/KXPT/KENO/KBAD/KWWN/KWID