[BC] 1950s' transistor radios pointed to more tech changes

Dave Dunsmoor mrfixit at min.midco.net
Mon Jul 13 19:59:25 CDT 2009

> ...  I found the chassis, and was
> barefoot on the concrete floor on the carport.  This was before
> polarized plugs.  It was NOT my first electrical shock.

    I was "fixing" a neighbor's radio (I'm sure I was), sitting on the
concrete driveway, and of course he had to plug it in....

    I took the wires from a cut off extension cord, and peeled back all but
one strand, plugged it in and scratched the two wire strands together to see
if it would spark.... From down the hall came dad's voice "what's going on
down there"? And of course, the obligatory "nothing".

    All good educational experiences.

Dave Dunsmoor