[BC] Acer Aspire

Ron Youvan ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Jul 13 18:13:07 CDT 2009

>> The little ASUS netbooks are the latest in that style among many of our
> local hams, some of whom are IT pro's.
>
> I REALLY wanted the ASUS based upon the reputation, but it only had SS HD,
> and I want to add more stuff than will fit onto "only" 16GB, so went with
> one of the 160 GB HD units. Hope it works out well.

   I'm a HAM and 100% LINUX user from 1997 until my new camera and PDA programs require M$ so I
bought an Asus EPC1000HE-BLU002X Asus Eee PC 1000HE Netbook and I love it>  It has XP which I am
tolerating and converting with LINUX programs that have been ported to M$.  It came with a 160 Gig
hd, but a 500 Gig 2.5" HD sell on sale for $99.  The included restore disk will put the system and
special laptop programming on any c:\  .   The battery time approaches NINE hours on a charge.
(by shutting down the HD when you don't need it and dimming the LCD's LED background lightning.)
If you don't bother with that it is around 6 hours.  I love it.

--
Ron KA4INM