[BC] Acer Aspire

Lotus Engineering loteng at lvradio.com
Mon Jul 13 17:25:25 CDT 2009

The little ASUS netbooks are the latest in that style among many of our local hams, some of whom are IT pro's.  I bought one for my wife, who abuses it terribly and it's still going strong.  She's an invalid and uses it in bed with no air circulation, and often falls asleep on the keyboard.  It came with XP and does what she wants.  She uses an external USB trackball.  I bought an external USB CD/DVD reader/writer and it works just fine with it.  Cost was right around $300 at Target.  If I'd wanted Linux it would have been cheaper.
Bill