[BC] 40 years later, we been had

Thomas G. Osenkowsky tosenkowsky at prodigy.net
Sun Jul 12 16:48:43 CDT 2009

> *sigh*... Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Monkees, Milli Vanilli, ...
now this.
> There's nothing left to believe in anymore.

We must believe in ourselves. The pride that is in each and every
one of us. That which makes us professional. That drives us to
do our best despite overwhelming odds. To face our adversaries,
to march on and achieve victory. The determination to succeed.
To go forth and show the world what we can achieve in conditions
that cause the weak to stumble, the lazy and complacent to fail.

Look what we have been through. Consolidation. Decreased
budgets. Discontinued parts. Stiff competition from new and
emerging technologies. Yet we remain. We are maintaining
satellite dishes instead of turntables. Defragging hard drives
instead of cleaning cart tape heads and pinch rollers. We have
embraced technology, kept our friends close and our enemies
closer. Yes, there IS something to believe in.

We have seen Amy Winehouse pass out on stage. Paris Hilton
and Glen Campbell among many others arrested. Robert Blake
prosecuted. Britney Spears persecuted. In the face of all of this,
we go on. And so we must.

My wish is that you who have contemplated giving up find this
an inspiration. We may have been had, but we use this as a lesson
from which we learn, hold our heads high and march on. Now go
do the right thing!

Tom Osenkowsky, CPBE, Motivational Speaker