[BC] Another Fine Broadcaster Arrested (WELE)

Larry Fuss lfuss2 at cox.net
Sun Jul 12 11:12:07 CDT 2009

> Now, I don't feel so bad about being arrested for depositing checks
made out to the station that was licensed to me as an individual before
finding out that the FCC was "wrong" and that the city actually owned it...

Funny how inconsistently the law is applied.  In 2003, when I sold my
Mississippi stations to His Royal Highness Jerry Russell, the deal did not
include the accounts receivable.  However, after closing, Russell took
checks that came in, including some that were made payable to my
corporation, and deposited them in his account.  I couldn't get the D.A. to
prosecute him, presumably because he was non-white.

Larry Fuss