[BC] Dominator Antenna

Tom Spencer Radiofreetom at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 00:52:20 CDT 2009

Note that it's a vertical-polarity antenna - so if your friends' station
specifies horizontal polarity....

The first time I saw one, I thought it reminded me of the old Avanti
"Astro-Plane" CB antennas - the ones with the "ground radials" - and the
feed - at the top; it also featured a ring st the bottom to hold the
radiator clear of the mast...  It was a pretty good performer - when I
had one, I was living in a deep valley at the foot of a bluff....

More on the Astro-Plane here, if you're interested...

http://www.citizensband.radiouk.com/reference/antenna/index.php

Now, to correct the thread drift  -

Make sure the antenna you select to put on the tower matches the antenna
authorized...

Just a word of caution...

--
Tom Spencer