[BC] KOMO Fire

Dave Dunsmoor mrfixit at min.midco.net
Thu Jul 9 23:44:47 CDT 2009

> It is bus duct, and is a sandwich of copper bus-bar and insulation,
encased in steel. The joints are held together by compression from a few
bolts, and the failure was at one of the corner joints.

    I see. I learn something new all the time (just gotta manage not to
forget all the useful stuff).

    I think it would be instructive to do an A/B comparison by fully loading
the bus (before the building is occupied) and make IR measurements, then
disassemble the joints, clean the copper, grease it with silver bearing
no-oxide, and redo the test.

Dave Dunsmoor