[BC] Internet attacks

Tom Spencer Radiofreetom at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 19:47:56 CDT 2009

I have one better -

a 12 hour outage...

cause - an auditor that didn't bother to trace the cable back to the
building.

This is Brighthouse / Time-Warner.

I told the CSR when they find out which auditor it was, be sure and ask
him why he's messing with Brighthouse lines - and go back to Comcast
where he belongs!

At least I'll get a $10 credit on the next bill...

Now, excuse me while I catch up on everything ELSE!...

RichardBJohnson at comcast.net wrote:

> It is also possible that they shut down their DNS to attack the attackers, sort of like shutting down a radio station because the weather is bad.

You mean, you DON'T?
> Grade B Movie script:
> Verizon accountants fire their technicians to make the quarterly projections.
> One tech gets wind of it and pulls the switch as he is being dragged out the door.
> Verizon claims their outage was caused by attackers.
Been, me, I'd have diked out the entire cross connect block...

--
Tom Spencer
PG-18-25453 (nee' P1-18-48841)