[BC] Simian Software Question

Broadcast List USER Broadcast at fetrow.org
Wed Jul 8 22:16:48 CDT 2009

What IS on the air if Simian isn't?  How long did the previous
engineer have it and not install it?  If he specked it, he should have
made it work.  I suspect you are being "shined on" a bit.  The
previous engineer may have had it forced on him too, or he was given
some very highly restrictive options from which to choose.  If you
speak with him, you may get a response like; "You have got to be
kidding.  I never said that Simian is best!"

BSI will sell the station a year of "Platinum" support for $999.
Sometimes, when you change out engineers you have got to pay for some
training.  No one knows EVERYTHING!

I have "supported" both Simian and Wave Station.  The station really
couldn't afford support as they made $800 pre-tax profit the year
before I was involved.  Still BSI was helpful.  I don't recall fully,
but I believe you can buy "event" support.  It has been a while, but I
seem to recall we could or did pay $99.  I don't recall if it was per
event or per hour.  I suspect it was per hour.  Even their free
support is pretty darned good.  I don't understand why anyone provides
free support.

I will write one thing about BSI.  Of ALL the automation vendors, they
have the best (or possibly second best) tech support available.  They
really know the products they sell.  Some may say it is expensive, but
frankly, without a working automation system you are either manned, or
off the air.

--chip