[BC] And Portland, too: 50kw KPNW 1120 Off The Air - FIRE!

PeterH peterh5322 at rattlebrain.com
Tue Jul 7 00:36:41 CDT 2009

On Jul 6, 2009, at 8:38 PM, Barry Mishkind wrote:

> Many listeners have postulated that the
> events of the weekend were caused by President Obama, or ultra-left
> wing terrorists.

I guess this kind of statement should come as no surprise from
certain operators of narrow-casting stations, 'casting to the narrow
ultra-right fringe which did such an admirable job of losing the last
general election.

These fools see conspiracy theories under every rock.

And there are not very many rocks in and around KPNW's site. I've
visited it, several times.

Perhaps if the affected station paid a few more periodic inspections
of the site and tested its auxiliary equipment at more regular
intervals the true blame could be more properly assigned to the
operator's engineering staff or to outdated equipment, or to both,
and not to some Black "whipping boy" in Washington which handily
defeated his rival last November.

And, as of today, with the confirmation of the new junior senator
from Minnesota, the Dems now have 60 senators, thereby confirming the
disastrous loss for the ultra-right.

Perhaps the SCOTUS will meet in emergency session and vote to
override the decision of the Supreme Court of Minnesota, in a repeat
of Bush 2000?