[BC] Radio station ignoring rules

RichardBJohnson at comcast.net RichardBJohnson at comcast.net
Mon Jul 6 20:24:45 CDT 2009

Yes <sniff> </sniff>
It was Ray and me who, in fact, helped him get a job at WTTT. Ray was working the board at WTTT after you replaced him at WDEW (you worked cheaper). Augustine L. Cavallaro, WTTT's owner, and previous owner of WERI, asked me, while I was obtaining a new CP for WERI-FM, if "he was any good..." I told Mr. Cavallaro that he was great although he had never learned how to set up his own remote gear!

Mr. Cavallaro eventually went broke (I hear he was a gambler) and took a job as the general manager of WOSO, a CBS affiliate in San Juan. http://www.woso.com/index.asp

His daughter's marriage was announced here:
http://www.nytimes.com/1990/05/27/style/mary-cavallaro-becomes-a-bride.html

Cheers,
Richard B. Johnson
Book: http://www.AbominableFirebug.com/