[BC] Radio station ignoring rules

Rich Wood richwood at pobox.com
Mon Jul 6 14:18:20 CDT 2009

------ At 01:45 PM 7/6/2009, Sid Schweiger wrote: -------

>IMO, not too well.  For a programming consultant, he appears to be
>all over the map without any coherent programming ideas or plans,
>even just to serve his local market.

Yup, it's the same person.

>Signal-wise, it's iffy.  Lowell and Nashua are in the "local"
>coverage area, and greater Boston is in the "distant" category.  AM
>stations have it tough enough these days, and I hope he proves me
>wrong, but I have serious doubts that he'll get any substantial
>audience in the Boston 'burbs.

Is it still at 5Kw or is the "upgrade" complete? I recall a lot of
press that required him to deny any intention of serving Boston and
guarantee, verbally, that it would be Lowell's Hometown Station. Does
a small old mill town really need a 50Kw station? Does it need a
third Talk station, assuming it's still Talk?

Rich