[BC] HDTV power levels

Glen Kippel glen.kippel at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 12:55:12 CDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 10:38 PM, Dana Puopolo <dpuopolo at usa.net> wrote:

> I would have sent then a hammer and a bucket of sand. Anyone DUMB enough to
> stay on low band VHF deserves what they get!
>
> ---------------

Sorry for the blank message -- CleoCatra rolled over onto the keyboard.

Now, back to business:  I found that one has to take virtual channels onto
account.  The other day, I noticed that several of my channels had
disappeared.  I knew that they are all under the same ownership.  So I did a
double-rescan and noted the channels where the converter box paused to load
in new channels.  Channel 23 contains virtual channels 31.1 - 31.8; channel
42 has virtual channels 2, 15, 33, 42.1 and 42.2; channel 46 is virtual
channel 36.  So, even though the display shows channel 2, this is not the
actual RF channel.  Anyway, it looks like KESQ and its related stations were
on channel 52 or something and moved to RF channel 42.