[BC] Disaster planning

Tom Spencer Radiofreetom at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 11:49:35 CDT 2009

No roof access...

There's an off-chance I could get to the overhang - but that's not high
enough to get over the trees; I could hit a good WiFi node that's about
a mile away - IF I could get around the silly trees....

<sigh>

There's a semi-abandoned telco cable out front on poles - IF I could get
on top of one of those, I MIGHT be able to hit the node...

Not over the trees, but I think I'd be out from behind them...

I'm currently setting it up on the sidewalk using a camera tripod - and
the signal is somewhat marginal, at best - I've found that I need what
teh software says is > 50% signal strength to get a reliable link.

Plus, WiFi seems to be about half the full 100 mb of a LAN Ethernet.

--
Tom Spencer
PG-18-25453 (nee' P1-18-48841)