[BC] Disaster planning

Barry Mishkind barry at oldradio.com
Fri Jul 3 14:02:59 CDT 2009

At 11:54 AM 7/3/2009, Chris Gebhardt wrote:
> >          Chris, out of curiosity, how long does your UPS last in the
> >          event both power feeds die?
>
>the design of the system is that if both electric services fail,
>generator takes over.  Our generator will assume the load within 30
>seconds (including bounce delay).    If our utility feeds AND generator
>both fail, we wait on a replacement generator.   In most cases that will
>arrive within 2 hours, but guaranteed 4.

         It would take a major power failure to
         cause both feeds to go down .. and would
         that not mean most of downtown Dallas would
         be dark?

         It just goes to show that it is impossible to
         anticipate everything, but a good plan does
         reach to the third "what if?" level.

         Looks like you have given this more than
         ten minutes thought! <g>