[BC] Cable rips off HDTV

Sid Schweiger sid at wrko.com
Fri Jul 3 11:13:13 CDT 2009

Let's try that again:

"Cable TV broadcast ain't no more...

I am on Comcast and have heard no such,
nothing about set-top boxes, etc . . .

Nothing has changed from my viewpoint."

I got the same letter as Richard, probably with the same drop-dead date (October 20th).  I'd bet they're doing this on a regional or state-wide basis.  I'll be looking into all other possibilities.  I'm on the wrong side of a very tall hill, drastically weakening the signals from the Boston-area TV transmitters, so I may have no choice but to stick with cable.

At least Comcast warned us in plenty of time.  At work, RCN did not warn us they were going to do the same thing, and suddenly one day a few months back about 30 cable drops stopped working.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
20 Guest St / 3d Floor
Brighton MA  02135-2040