[BC] web registrars

Chris Gebhardt chris at virtbiz.com
Wed Jul 1 15:01:12 CDT 2009

I will get in and get out on this thread, lest I appear to be
advertising or saying something untoward about a competitor.

My company, VIRTBIZ Internet Services, is part of a 30 year old family
business based in Dallas, TX.   We have been in the hosting business
since 1996.

We provide both *nix and Windows based servers, as well as VPS (virtual
private server), dedicated servers and colocation.   We provide domain
registration as a customer amenity.   Everything we do is from our
wholly-owned facility in Dallas.   We own our own 10,000 sf datacenter
and everything in it.  We have a 192Gbps-capable routing core with
multiple upstream peers.

Hosting is really a commodity.  Providers are everywhere, and 80% of
them are great.  I think we're pretty great.  It's the remaining 20%
that I really worry about, and they're the ones that give the business a
black eye.  I won't name names, but what has been previously mentioned
regarding domains being "reserved" by some registrars is absolutely
true.   There is work being done at ICANN right now to try and put an
end to it.

I've been proud to have our company support Barry's service for several
years now, and if any of you ever have an Internet-related need, I hope
you'll drop me a line.  We're 100% US-based, family owned and operated,
and can handle everything from basic hosting to full-on design to
running a 10gigE metro loop and everything in between.  If we're not the
company for you, we'll give you a recommendation.

Thanks,

Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services
chris at virtbiz.com | (972) 485-4125