[BC] Studio grounding info

Tom radiofreetom at gmail.com
Sat May 31 21:19:21 CDT 2008

Well, peanut whistle or not, RadioXTZ has two Audioarts A-50's - one
configured as a six-channel (there are no control modules - the IN-50
module - for the other two, but I digress); the other a full
eight-channel board.

The six-channel is set up to be the on-air board:  Ch 1 is the operator
(DJ) mike; channel 3 (2 open) is an external mixer (would be newsroom if
I had 25 kw - or even 5 kw, rather than 35 watts AM and 0.01w FM ERP);
4A and 5A are reel decks (Otari ARS-1000 and Revox A77), with a cassette
machine on 5B (Tascam 202 dual-well); (6 open); 7A has my
I'm-in-the-middle-of-refurbishing-it Format Sentry 12C, 7B is a cart
machine (mono - a Tapecaster 700RP for the gory details - still sounds
great!) and 8A is carrying the main automation system, StationPlaylist
Studio Pro.  Program bus to the 8000A -> "homebrew" FM TX; Audition bus
terminated, Tel bus (mono) into the Audimax -> 100' of 8451, the
Volumax, then the LPB.

The other is Production.. 1A & 2A - two internal mikes, ch. 3A is an
external microphone mixer (the A-50 normally ships with only one dual
preamp) 4 and 5 are turntables (A)(Gates CB 1200's!; Microtrak 303
tonearms and Shure M-64 preamps) and Otari MX5050's (B), 6 runs wide
open to interface with consumer gear (an AKAI 1800 on A, a mini TRS on
B) 7 and 8 are cart machines and computers (one mono, one stereo cart,
BE 3200 series).

I have a router (360 Systems 16B/E audio matrix) if I ever manage to get
the special connectors for it - and an 8-row patch bay.....so once
completely wired, I'll be able to route any source to any
destination.........

So - what was the question, again?

Oh, and they both pass "proof", both on flat response and on noise
levels - even with the CC transmitter feeding the same side of the power
line.

Robert Meuser wrote:
> YMMV. It is not that uncommon to need 8 microphones, 2 or more remote
> inputs, two or more telephone inputs, and there are a lot of stations
> that
> use 3 or more inputs from computer assist systems. There are still CD
> players, occasionally turntables, telephone editors, etc. Also there
> are the
> number of mix minus and aux busses required. It really depends on the
> individual station.

snip

--
Tom Spencer