[BC] Cell phones

Bob Barnswatts amfan at collins21e.com
Sat May 31 18:29:50 CDT 2008

Hmmm I have T=mobile and on my family plan I have phones with local
numbers in New Orleans, Dallas, Atlanta and Miami.    They said it
couldn't be done, but I did it. You just have to talk to the right
operator.  A little trickery might be in order to get you started.

Being a member since "Before T-mobile" (voicestream) always helps me
build my case.

I forget how I tricked them into this the first time.  It seems that
I went and got a phone and new account in one of the other areas,
Atlanta.  Then I came home and told them I was going to cancel that
line unless they could put it on my family plan and they did.  That
seems to be how I did it but I'm vague on that as that was years
ago.  After that the others were easy, I went in walmarts in Miami
and told them in the tmobile booth i wanted a local phone and i
wanted it on my family plan.  They said they won't do it but I said
try it and she called it in and away I went phone in hand no
questions asked.  Then for New Orleans I had 2 phones with a Dallas #
on it and called up and said I need to change the number on (one of
these) to a 504 number and they did it.  Since then I have mixed and
matched several different ways depending on where my lovely daughters
are going to school, etc.

Never believe them when they say it can't be done.