[BC] Spotmau Power suite 2008

WBRadiolists at aol.com WBRadiolists at aol.com
Sat May 31 12:59:42 CDT 2008

In a message dated 05/31/2008 5:19:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Xmitters at aol.com writes:

> I wanted o have some kind of simple admin password recovery/reset tool
>  available in the event that some knucklehead changes the admin password on
> my
>  AudioVault machines. That tool has to be fairly painless otherwise
reloading
> a good
>  Ghost image of the ill machine is the next best bet.

OK, well, Ubuntu is pretty much on par with Windows XP as far as ease-of-use
and capabilities go. It's well worth a shot. You download the CD image, burn a
disk, and try it out. Nothing will be changed on your HD. When you're done,
just remove the CD and power off the machine. Power up and Windows should boot
like before.

Having a ghost image of *any* "Mission Critical" machine is not only a *Very
Good Idea*, I would consider it a *Mandatory* safety net! I would duplicate
the entire HD onto another, and then keep that other HD in a safe place,
on-site. (One of those fireproof strongboxes would probably suffice.) When the
machine's HD finally conks-out, you can swap the HD and be back in business! Then
just make another ghost. :)

Since AV stores copies of its files on more than one machine on the LAN,
recovery of those is not too difficult.

Willie...

<BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch
"Cooking with Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.<BR>
(http://food.aol.com/tyler-florence?video=4&?NCID=aolfod00030000000002)</HTML>