[BC] Spotmau Power suite 2008

Xmitters at aol.com Xmitters at aol.com
Sat May 31 04:18:14 CDT 2008

In a message dated 5/31/2008 1:43:38 AM Central Daylight Time,
broadcast-request at radiolists.net writes:

> Have you tried burning a Linux CD, like Ubuntu or Knoppix? They will boot
> up
> and run Linux, where you can go in and set the permissions for read/write
> access, and manipulate files on the HD as needed.
>
> Usually with Windows, I have found that if you delete files with a PWL
> extension your passwords are gone. That SHOULD get your Win98 box going. Not
> sure
> about XP and its ilk, tho.
>
> Willie...
> (Finally caught-up on my e-mails!)

Hello Willie:

I have no skill at all with Linux, and really don't care to learn it for this
particular situation.  My primary goal is not to reset Admin passwords on my
win 98 and win 2000 machines as such.

I'm trying to figure out why this particular soft\ware, Spotmau PowerSuite,
will not perform as advertised. Maybe there is something fairly simple that I
can do on a subborn machine that will allow the software CDR to boot. Maybe I
simply bought some crap software and I can therefore use this worthless CDR for
a coaster for my coffe cup. It does after all, have a very pretty label on
that CDR, and I don't want it to go to waste completely.

I wanted o have some kind of simple admin password recovery/reset tool
available in the event that some knucklehead changes the admin password on my
AudioVault machines. That tool has to be fairly painless otherwise reloading a good
Ghost image of the ill machine is the next best bet.

Jeff Glass
Northern Illinois University
Dell 2650 Win2000 AOL 7.0