[BC] Cell phones

Rick Heil wonynerd at gmail.com
Fri May 30 20:25:02 CDT 2008

Richard,

If you're not going to use the cell phone that often, I would highly suggest
a "pay-as-you-go" phone that has low or no monthly fees.  That way, if you
never use the thing, you dont have to pay for it!  The only disadvantage to
this is that you don't get the "free phone," but then you're also not locked
into the 3 year service contract.  You can also buy as simple or as
complicated a phone as you want.

I would suggest a Tracphone (tracphone.com).   You buy the phone, and buy as
many "units" (these are for both phone calls and text messages) as you
want.  No monthly fees is the big plus here.

I know Verizon has a plan like that, but I'm pretty sure there is a monthly
fee attached.  Verizon also charges you per minute and per text message,
rather than in "units" like tracphone.

Cingular / ATT might also have one, I'm not sure.

Hope that helps!

Rick

--
Rick Heil