[BC] Do We Really Need All This Deception?

Tom radiofreetom at gmail.com
Fri May 30 15:23:53 CDT 2008

Well, if they're going that route - why not just insist that the law
that currently mandates that all TV tuners be capable of receiving  all
channels be expanded to cover Radio...

So ALL radios can receive AM, AM Stereo, FM, FM Stereo, AM HD, FM HD-1,
-2, -3, XM, Sirius, International Shortwave (ALL bands, from Tropical
through 11 meters)...

Personally, I' like an inexpensive all-mode continuous - tune from 20
kHz to 20 GHz.  AM, FM, all subcarriers, the whole enchilada.  With a
precision detector / demod.

Seems good to me, anyway.