[BC] Spotmau Powersuite 2008

Xmitters at aol.com Xmitters at aol.com
Thu May 29 22:32:52 CDT 2008

In a message dated 5/29/2008 9:38:24 PM Central Daylight Time,
broadcast-request at radiolists.net writes:

> Message: 13
> Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 07:11:27 -0700
> From: "Gary Glaenzer" <gglaenzer at hqradio.com>
> Subject: Re: [BC] Spotmau Power Suite 2008 software
>
> there's no jumpers on the motherboard to reset the passwords ?

Gary:

It oes not matter if there is, or is not. I will reload the O/S rather than
tear down a laptop. I'm quite sure I could get a fresh O/S up and running
before I could tear down the computer and put it back together.

The original  post was not how to reset a lost password. The question
basically was, has anyone here used Spotmau Powersuite 2008 to reset a password?
Since my original post, two Dell 2650 laptops will not reset the admin password
with the Spotmau bootable CDR, and my Gateway Solo 9150 _does_ reset the admin
password as we gave it a try late this PM.

So why does Spotmau reset the admin password in the Gateway, but not in th
Dell computers?  All three computers are using win2000/SP4. All three computer
CMOS is configured to boot from CDR first. I'm not sure what "O/S" Spotmau uses
for their powersuite software. Maybe tghere's something in CMOS that would
prevent a non-Windows O/S from booting the hardware? What coud that possibly be?

So, that's why I need help from someone that's actually used this software.

The manufacturer's tech support is basically useless; they keep asking for
more and more information from me with less and less usable information in
return. This is not a very high quality product in my opinion.

FDISK - The universal password reset tool :-)

Jeff Glass
Dell 2650 Win2000 AOL 7.0