[BC] FM translator Question

djkelley at frontier.net djkelley at frontier.net
Thu May 29 09:57:46 CDT 2008

It was my understanding that most of the AMs were securing existing FM
translators that fit the criteria; and that the STAs were granted to
permit rebroadcast of an AM station pending the new rules.

I'd think that any new applications would have to wait for another FCC
filing window and wouldn't be able to circumvent that process.

I haven't read anywhere of any NEW FM translators being granted
specifically for use by AM stations under an STA or otherwise.  The
only one I recall was one in TN or KY a number of years ago for a
station that was suffering from Cuban interference.

-dan in lansing