[BC] Spotmau Power Suite 2008 software

Xmitters at aol.com Xmitters at aol.com
Thu May 29 00:44:42 CDT 2008

Hello:

Any of you have experience with this software?

In addition to the usual cleanup tools and registry scan, this software CDR
will allow you to boot from it to recover lost Windows passwords, and other
things that may be required to get a nonbootable machine back up.

My Dell 2650 Laptop, Win2000/SP4 computer has been set to boot from CDR
first, then from the HD. I put the Spotmau CDR in the machine, I get a status
window saying that the Operatig System is booting, then I get a splash screen that
just sits there for hours if I let it.

Ironically, this CDR software will boot up in my Win 98 laptop and even gets
me to the windows PW recovery screen; Win 98 is not one of the O/S that this
software supports.

So, ths software apparently does not do what its authors claim it can do. Any
of you have this experience with this software?

I've written to the software support site several times, and the busy work
they want me to do is an outrage; complete hardware inventory, Mboard model
number, everythig imaginable. I have no idea what model Mboard dell used.

I kinda think that this software is crap. Maybe someone here has seen this
problem with this particular software and knows how to get around it.

We have a Gateway laptop in storage at the station that still works. Of
course, nobody has n idea what the user PW or the admin PW is, which is why I got
this software. University IT will come over and look at it ... for a price. I'm
not willing to solve the situation that way.

It's ironic that these PW recovery tools end up taking more time than it does
to just reload the Operating System. It is probably not a bad idea to have a
complete set of drivers, etc. in stock for this computer; one consequential
advantage to reloading the O/S and be done with it.

What is your favorite windows admin password recovery tool?  (Other than
Fdisk and setup.exe :-)  )

Jeff Glass
Northern Illinois University
Dell 2650 Win2000 AOL 7.0