[BC] AM transmitter lightning sensitivity issue

Ron Nott ron at nottltd.com
Fri May 23 12:46:11 CDT 2008

Our company and others have been marketing these products for more
than a quarter century and not by the methods that you state.  The
anecdote outlined below is a matter of true history, not fantasy.

A major point on both systems is that NEITHER has been subjected to
true scientific testing.  We applied to both the Sandia National Labs
and the Los Alamos National Labs to do this on a related product.  I
was shocked to learn that somehow, someone was able to have this
testing denied.  We are now going to another source for testing, but
if the word gets out I expect that we will be denied testing by it
also.  Until true unbiased, honest, scientific testing has been
performed, all this is hearsay.  Thus far it has been successfully
prevented.  We can only guess by whom.

In more than 30 years of lightning research, I have never heard of
any of the failures that you mention.  Can you provide documentation
for this information?  It would be greatly appreciated.

Concerning the NFPA, you should take a look at the members of the
lightning protection committee and their employers.  This will tell
you why they are biased.

Ron Nott