[BC] Cell Phone Number Questions

Broadcast List USER Broadcast at fetrow.org
Thu May 22 20:29:09 CDT 2008

The really interesting thing is that the GSM standard allows each
phone/handset to have two numbers.  This is VERY common in Europe.
People put two numbers on their phones, one for work, and one for
personal use.

They even have time of day, and day of week routing and voice mail.
You just have your work number ring the cell/pcs phone from 9 to 5,
Monday to Friday, otherwise it goes to voicemail, and you can even
turn off notification.  Your home number can ring all the time, or
you can restrict it to whatever you want, like no calls between 11 PM
and 7 AM.  In the US, we are screwed.

I have often carried two phones because I am not going to allow my
personal life and work life to become too entwined.

--chip