[BC] Local Phone numbers

Powell Way powell at backroads.net
Thu May 22 05:54:04 CDT 2008

On May 21, 2008, at 10:40 PM, stanleybadams wrote:

> Are used in groups of 100 or more, and they are not free to the service
> provider.  To be frank about it, if you are in a large enough market
> that
> uses your own area code, it will not use a common Bell exchange code.
> They
> will be using a set of code numbers (first three numbers) that are
> allocated
> to the carrier, so see, if you are on a cell phone you automatically
> are not
> on what used to be called a local number.

Yes but....but....but.....it could have a LARGE impact on who can
AFFORD to call YOU!

> If you buy your phone, you will be sold a geographic calling district
> and if
> you agree to the calling plan then I hope that anyone who reads this is
> smart enough to make sure their home or business is in the district.
> Now at
> Sprint, for example, we do not charge for LD and never have, it just
> becomes
> a time charge.  If you have the 100 dollar a month gets all including
> data
> plan then it don't matter.

There's a lot of folks that can't afford to spend $30 or even more a
month JUST so they can call YOUR cell phone which is NOT a local call
them. Some in some offices, as previously stated are NOT allowed
to.....  especially government offices, most often local ones!

Powell