[BC] Local Phone numbers

stanleybadams stanleybadams at yahoo.com
Wed May 21 21:40:43 CDT 2008

Are used in groups of 100 or more, and they are not free to the service
provider.  To be frank about it, if you are in a large enough market that
uses your own area code, it will not use a common Bell exchange code.  They
will be using a set of code numbers (first three numbers) that are allocated
to the carrier, so see, if you are on a cell phone you automatically are not
on what used to be called a local number.

If you buy your phone, you will be sold a geographic calling district and if
you agree to the calling plan then I hope that anyone who reads this is
smart enough to make sure their home or business is in the district.  Now at
Sprint, for example, we do not charge for LD and never have, it just becomes
a time charge.  If you have the 100 dollar a month gets all including data
plan then it don't matter.

Stan