[BC] Omnia Dropout Issue

Jeff Orr jorr at communicorr.com
Thu May 22 01:12:51 CDT 2008

Hi All,

I know I have heard of this issue in the past from others, but I can not find any info on it doing searches.

I have a broadcast tools ADMS 44.22 feeding AES/EBU audio into an omnia one. When hooked up this way, I have intermittent audio dropouts on the Omnia, including the input/output meters dropping down. This usually occur in pairs every few minutes.  However, if I hook the satellite receiver straight to the Omnia via AES there are no issues. Nor, are there issues when analog is run between the BT box and the Omnia. Also recording AES to the automation system from the BT box has no dropouts. The only way dropouts occur is when the BT box is straight into the Omnia.

Everything is set to 48khz, and the Omnia is set to get timing from the AES input.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appricated!! This one really has me stumped.

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff Orr
jorr at communicorr.com<mailto:jorr at communicorr.com>
Communicorr, LTD.
Broadcast Engineering * Enterprise Networking
www.communicorr.com