[BC] Cell Phone Number Questions

Ron Youvan ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com
Wed May 21 18:39:50 CDT 2008

<
I guess you really did not understand. You get a regular cheap POTS line from the phone
company. One that has the number you want. Around here we can get life line service for
about $9. Once the line is working, call your cell provider and they will transfer your
land line number to your cell. That process will automatically close your land line
account so in the end you are only paying for cell service. >

> If I do that, can I keep both numbers, the ported land line and my
> original cell number or can I only keep one? If I have two, what will
> the cost of the ported number be?

   No, the land line number will be canceled by the cell phone company
FREEING that number for their use for you.

> If I only keep one, does the cell company charge to change your number?

   ?  Ask them

   Most here don't seem to realize that a foreign number can be a toll call
to some people in your area or at least on the far side from the area where
the number is located, not everyone has free long distance service, just
the rich that congregate here.	Hi  Hi  Hi
--
    Ron  KA4INM - Watch out for the full moon,
                  freaky things can happen!