[BC] POP 3 for SBS2003

Bruce Doerle bdoerle at mail.ucf.edu
Tue May 20 15:40:53 CDT 2008

I don't know your network setup, but if you have a firewall to the outside world you will need to open up the appropriate ports for the traffic to pass through.

>>> "Jason Houts" <jasonhouts at gmail.com> 5/20/2008 12:55 PM >>>
I have SBS2003 with Microsoft Exchange installed.  I have a remote "client"
computer with Outlook installed with access to the POP3 connector on our
exchange server.  The client can authenticate, receive mail.  However, when
sending email, the client can only send to local exchange email addresses,
but cannot send to external domains such as gmail, hotmail, lunarpages.com,
etc...  We can send and receive using the POP configuration on a blackberry,
perhaps something different with mobile services.  I tried secure
authentication in outlook client mailbox setup, no change.

Anybody have a quick solution?

Continuing to scour the Microsoft website...

Jason Houts
Chief Engineer
KWKW - KIRN Los Angeles
909-336-8472