[BC] POP 3 for SBS2003

Jason Houts jasonhouts at gmail.com
Tue May 20 11:55:45 CDT 2008

I have SBS2003 with Microsoft Exchange installed.  I have a remote "client"
computer with Outlook installed with access to the POP3 connector on our
exchange server.  The client can authenticate, receive mail.  However, when
sending email, the client can only send to local exchange email addresses,
but cannot send to external domains such as gmail, hotmail, lunarpages.com,
etc...  We can send and receive using the POP configuration on a blackberry,
perhaps something different with mobile services.  I tried secure
authentication in outlook client mailbox setup, no change.

Anybody have a quick solution?

Continuing to scour the Microsoft website...

Jason Houts
Chief Engineer
KWKW - KIRN Los Angeles
909-336-8472