[BC] A Service Idea: Is there a need (and/or a market) for this?

Ron Youvan ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com
Sun May 18 11:05:25 CDT 2008

> If the truck is licensed for over 26,000 pounds gross vehicle weight, then
> you must have a valid CDL to operate it.  You can fudge on that and license it
> at 24,000 pounds and hope you are not overweight at a weigh station. It is
> expensive if you are over.

   The state of Florida states that they only build truck stops for one reason:
"They pay for them self."

 > For instance when exiting Mississippi, at least at one time, you had to show
 > a receipt proving you purchased enough fuel in Mississippi to drive through
 > the state.

   Mississippi's "trucker blackmail" is legend.
   The state of Florida seems to instruct police officers to take it easy
on ticketing truck drivers because "it's their lively hood."  But they
fine them for every little pound of overage whenever they can.
--
    Ron  KA4INM - The harder I work, the behinder I get!