[BC] Part 15 radio station

Tom radiofreetom at gmail.com
Sat May 17 14:15:54 CDT 2008

I've experimented with helicals, as well - and generally had
less-than-ideal results, although I have a much-less-than-ideal location
- dense urban, and the antenna had to be mounted within a foot of the
electrical service entrance. (Landlord Rules) I finally decided I'd get
better results - and I have - by switching from 15.205 compliance to
15.221 compliance - carrier current. You also loose the 100 mw power
limit under 221; run 50 kw if you want - as long as your radiation OFF
the power line meets 15.221(a); 15µV/m at lambda/2 (47715/F kHz)
meters... which favors the LOW end of the dial; the antenna limits favor
the HIGH end, since a 3-meter antenna system is closer to resonance at
1700 kHz than at 500 kHz - or at 640...   :-P   .... In my case, the 15 µV/m
is out at 74.55 meters from the power line.... urban setting, dense
overhead line system... locate the 74-meter point <VBG> Was fun, I
assure you. But worth it - I get the range in dense urban that the
SSTRAN - or the Rangemaster1000 - claim for wide-open spaces.

--
Tom Spencer
PG-18-25453 (nee' P1-18-48841)