[BC] A Service Idea: Is there a need (and/or a market) for this?

Keith Hammond monsterfm at monsterfm.com
Sat May 17 13:45:01 CDT 2008

I currently have in my possession a 28' Mack box-truck that is equipped with
a large hydraulic lift, pallet jacks and large furniture/equipment dollies
(sp?) that is PERFECT for the moving of transmitters, antenna systems,
smaller tower sections and other large broadcast related items. I have the
option of obtaining ownership of this setup.

My question is this: Are there enough relocations in the industry to make
owning such a rig worthwhile and would broadcasters see any form of
advantage in having ready access to a moving company that is actually
experienced in aiding their local engineer(s) in un-installing, moving and
re-installing such heavy items? (In other words, would it be perceived as
being better to have two or three skilled engineers assist in moving and
installing transmitters than to have "Jonathan the mover" to assist?)

Just a question before I end up with yet another "item of little to no use"
that seemed like a good idea to start with...

Keith Hammond
MonsterFM.com / Broadcast Technical Services