[BC] IP address blocking

Craig Healy craig.healy at hotmail.com
Sat May 17 08:34:44 CDT 2008

> Anyway, my son put in a router here at home so he wouldn't have to use my
> computer.  I didn't think it needed to be reset, but I did it anyway.
> 192.168.1.1 does not connect, 192.168.0.1 does.  But I still need a
> password.

Not contesting that, only that every Linksys I'd worked with did use the
192.168.1.1 default. (shrug)  What did you have as default gateway in your
computer TCP/IP configs?  The first three numbers should be the same as the
IP of the router.  If not, you may have problems connecting.

Google the brand/model number and the phrase "default password".  That
usually turns up what's needed.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI