[BC] Part 15 radio station

Thomas G. Osenkowsky tosenkowsky at prodigy.net
Sat May 17 08:13:58 CDT 2008

> COME ON!
> It doesn't matter where you excite the radiator.  If you excite a
> 2000 foot tower you are exciting a 2000 foot tower, and that is WAY
> outside the rules.
> Look at the intent of the rules.

I think you are ALL looking at this the wrong
way. Win your case on the merits, NOT the
technicalities. Why not approach the FCC
asking for a NPRM to relegate Part 15 stations
as licensees with the freedom of choice on
antennas? Instead of being under Part 73, the
Part 15 stations would still be low power, but
the FCC can collect filing fees, mandate Public
File, EAS, EEO and other regulations. This way,
everybody is happy and the Public Interest is
served.

Tom Osenkowsky, CPBE