[BC] IP address blocking

Craig Healy craig.healy at hotmail.com
Fri May 16 21:19:30 CDT 2008

> Well, 1.1 was the IP that Linksys gave me, and that doesn't connect.

One other thing to check is to be sure there isn't another router on the
network.  At one of my clients someone used a router as a hub in an office.
They didn't tell me, nor did they change the LAN address to a
non-conflicting one.  Completely screwed up the whole network, but not
immediately.  It was a few days later before it reared it's ugly head, for
some reason.  It prevented me from logging into the expected router and also
messed up DHCP assignments as well as blocking internet access for everyone.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI