[BC] IP address blocking

Glen Kippel glen.kippel at gmail.com
Fri May 16 17:10:31 CDT 2008

On 5/16/08, Dana Puopolo <dpuopolo at usa.net> wrote:

> Craig,
>
> You might consider using a Linksys WRT54GL router with third party firmware
> such as Tomato or DD-WRT.
> It'll work better then the Sonicwall for 1/4 the price.
>
> -D
>

> Considering the Sonicwall TZ180 or TZ190, depending if the want a WiFi
> connection or not.  The client has both a Cox static IP business connection
> and a dynamic IP Verizon DSL for backup.  The OPT port will do failover.
> The sales guy has simply ignored any questions about blocking IP addresses.

My problem right now is exactly the opposite -- I'm trying to connect our
streaming computers to Liquid Compass, but there is no connectivity at all.
Yes, our Windows Firewall is turned off.  But they are not able to access
our IP addresses, nor can we connect to theirs.  Our local cable people
suggested that we set our router to port-forwarding, but so far I am not
able to bring up the Linksys setup table at 192.168.0.1

Does anyone have any suggestions?