[BC] WWV La Caliente

Peter peterh5322 at rattlebrain.com
Thu May 15 01:25:59 CDT 2008

On May 14, 2008, at 10:13 PM, Broadcast List USER wrote:

> It's Cuba.  It tears the heck out of WTNT Bethesda, MD (Washington,
> DC metro, Germantown, MD transmitter).  In my area it is often
> easier to tell the time than hear what is on WTNT.
>
> On May 14, 2008, at 3:33 PM, broadcast-request at radiolists.net wrote:
>
>> Coming back home after putting a client on the air last night, I took
>> the chance to scan the AM dial to see what was out there.  I ran
>> across
>> a time service on 570kHz.  I'm wondering, did the guys at WWV put
>> on a
>> Hispanic station, too?

"Rio" gave Cuba Class As on the following regional channels: 550,
570, 580, 590, 600, 620, 630, 790 and 910, and additional Class As on
Canadian, Mexican and United States clear channels.

Most of Cuba's Class As are notified with powers which exceed 50 kW.
One, not on a regional channel, is notified with 700 kW.

The Cuban Class A on 570 is notified with 70 kW into a 83 degree
radiator with an efficiency of 311 mV/m/kW at 1 km.