[BC] Part 15 radio station

RichardBJohnson at comcast.net RichardBJohnson at comcast.net
Wed May 14 19:35:47 CDT 2008

It is my "take" that a "Part 15 transmitter" is one of those things
you use inside a vehicle to get the kids box to play over the
radio.

Use of such a transmitter for broadcasting will always be
found to be a violation of the rules (if you get caught).
Part 73 regulates broadcasting, not Part 15!

BTW, if you are going to violate the rules, you should
not screw around. A frequent contributor to this list
ran a screen-grid modulated, crystal-controlled,
45 watt input unlicensed broadcast-band transmitter
as a youngster --and it sounded good. It didn't get
out too well so he decided to work at a licensed
radio station which also didn't get out too well.

--
Cheers,
Richard B. Johnson

From: <chrysafis74 at comcast.net>
> WNAR used 3 hamilton rangemasters at seperate sites linked via internet.
>
> I don't believe he is running the station anymore. the FCC busted my
> friends part 15 station. he was told to either ground mount the
> transmitter or not use a ground wire.
>
> He asked how WNAR is legal and the agent replied he is not legal and
> that WNAR was on their list of to do things.

[Snipped]