[BC] Continental 314R-1 Trouble (UPDATE!)

Gary Peterson kzerocx at rap.midco.net
Wed May 14 07:34:23 CDT 2008

Steve,

If I read your post correctly, you are saying that the transmitter is
running fine into a dummy load.  Have you now tried running it into the
normal antenna connection?  It could be that your TX was acting up because
the load it sees has changed.  That being the case, it's most likely an ATU
component.  Transmission line and connection between the ATU and tower less
likely, but possible.  Shorted turns on lighting chokes are not unheard of,
either.

If the TX now runs fine into the antenna connection, It would appear that
your removal and replacement of components jostled a poor connection or
something of that nature.  You may yet have an intermittent that will again
rear its ugly head.

Gary, KØCX
CE KFXS, KOUT, KKMK, KRCS, KKLS & KBHB

" I have been looking over this thing since Friday the power has been shut
off
since and only the filaments turned on a few times I removed a few
components but didn't make any hardware changes, fired it up on load and it
has been running for 4 hours @ high power now with no sign of a problem? I
am letting it continue to run and see what happens. Any Ideas???
Steve Fraunfelter "